Comments from the Judges:
Michael showed a great understanding of the existing building and showed that he did his research.
He had a creative approach and a well thought out presentation.
While it certainly wasn’t required, Michael did an amazing job at thinking beyond the existing and envisioning the potential of an effective learning environment.
Take a look at all of these winning entries. The school level winners received $250 scholarships for college. 1st place and 2nd place each received an additional $1,000 and $500 respectively. Congratulations to all who received a scholarship:
- Catherine Arevalo of Lyons Twp. High School
- Matthew Schneider of Lincoln-Way Central High School
- Jacob Bartels of Lincoln-Way West High School
- Brendon Geils of Elgin High School
- Kevin Horton of Lincoln-Way West High School
- Michael Justin of H. L. Richards High School
- Matthias Warren of Larkin High School
- Cynthia Barrios of Ridgewood High School – 2nd place overall winner
- Michael Zimmer of Elgin High School – 1st place overall winner